How to Not Be Annoying
From HowiwNothing is worse than someone who is annoying. However, most of the time, the annoying person won't realize how his or her behavior is perceived.
- Don't be full of yourself. It is okay once in a while, but if you're really self-obsessed, people will hate you.
- If you are a student, be aware of your behavior in the classroom. Don't ask questions just to appear smart, and don't brag about a good grade. People won't respect you for it. In fact, it's better just not to tell people what your grade is.
- Don't complain about anything unless the person(s) to whom you are complaining are your really close friends.
- Don't torture people. It's not cool and it might make them mad. People who annoy other people may have friends now, but everyone who they are mean to hates them, and it's not really a good habit.
- Don't talk about people behind their backs. It may seem fun at first, but it will eventually lead to your ruin.
- Don't sing, hum, tap, etc. It's not funny. It's annoying. (So is playing on the pianos in the music room, in case you were thinking of doing that, unless you've had piano lessons for a while and are considered good. Then play for your friends who Haven't heard you play)
- Don't talk about your video games, unless it's with someone who you know enjoys them. Many people aren't interested in Level 7 of Tomb Raider.
- Don't talk to yourself - it freaks others out.
- Avoid saying, "What are you talking about?" or "who are you talking about?" if you hear someone talking about something, and you only catch the last sentence.. They weren't talking to you in the first place, so just leave it.
- Do NOT make up your own stupid sayings and use them in everyday sentences. For example do NOT say things like "bye-bye apple pie" or bye-bye at all. Stupid rhyming sayings are not funny. They are just stupid.
- Don't talk constantly. Other people have things to say too and they will get very annoyed very quickly if you're the only one who talks and will eventually stop talking to you all together.
- While important to not be full of yourself, don't constantly put yourself down. It too is very annoying.
- Be nice to people but do not suck up. Sucking up is more annoying and will get you less friends than it will to just be mean to people.
- Do not brag to people you are trying to be friends with about the friends you have. Neither set of people will appreciate it.
- Don't assume your jokes are funny. Also do not laugh at your own jokes. If it's funny, the people you tell should laugh, not you. If you laugh it will appear less funny.
- Try not to laugh too much, especially if you have an annoying laugh.
- Do not taunt people.
- If you don't know how to dance, don't try and then tell everyone who's looking at you funny, I can't dance....They already knew that....
- Do not make up your own songs and sing them at the top of your lungs for no reason.
- Do not make up your own nicknames, it means you're trying too hard. Let your friends give you nicknames. Also don't ask for one.
- If in a relationship do NOT give each other nicknames. It is both annoying and weird. If you can't follow this, at least do not make others call you by this nickname or brag about having one or talk about you boyfriend/girlfriend using the nickname. This too is weird and annoying.
- Do not try too hard not to be annoying. People will find this annoying as well.
- When someone is talking to you, don't continually interrupt them and talk about your crush/boyfriend/girlfriend. It makes you seem like a stalker.
- Do not correct grammar/spelling or accurateness of others. Big words make you seem intelligent, but do not use them to correct people.
- Do not poke people constantly or tap their heads. In fact, don't touch them at all if they don't like it.
- The simplest thing to do is to realize how other people annoy you, then avoid doing those things.
- You may want to ask people the following question as a good indication of how much you annoy people: "Hey, do you know those people who annoy you but you're too polite to tell them? Well, do I do anything that annoys you? I mean, I really don't want to be one of those people".
- Branch out to different people, get to know them, and become friends with them. Sometimes a new set of surroundings will help you get over your old habits, which of course in this case, were annoying.
- If your friend is being annoying, let him know. He might be offended, but he'll stop, and eventually he'll come to his senses and realize you were just trying to help.
- If you're worried that you're going to do something annoying, first picture yourself as a fly on the wall. If you were the fly, would you find the thing that you're about to do annoying?
- To cure yourself of being annoying, first admit it. Then figure out why (do NOT ask friends constantly "am i annoying you"). If you have a very close friend, go to them and ask them to help you not be as annoying. Ask them to, if they catch you doing something annoying, let you know subtly and then avoid doing whatever it was again.
- Don't try too hard not to be annoying, and don't apologize to people for fear of being annoying.
- Don't tell people to smile or ask "what's wrong". Maybe they are having a good time, just lost in thought.
- How to Not Care What People Think
- How to Tell a Girl You Love Her when You Are Not Sure She Loves You Back
- How to Not Lose Your Girlfriend
- How to Make Friends