How to Get Rid of Mucus
Mucus (also known as Phlegm) is a common product of the Common Cold and has proved to be a uncomfortable substance as it blocks up the back of your throat, and can affect your voice.
- Do not swallow it. As it may seem sensible to do so, only a small part of the mucus goes down into the stomach where it gets dissolved. The majority of the mucus gets stuck at the top of the oesophegus.
- Always keep a tissue handy. If you get mucus in your mouth, spit it into a tissue. That way there is no chance of it coming back.
- Hum. This is what many singers do so that they can bring back their singing voice. By humming, the vibrations are strong enouvh to break up the mucus.
- Try the lemon method. Cut a lemon in half, and put one half into a cup of hot water, and squeeze the other half's juice into the cup. This is a traditional drink which many people use today.
- Use medicine. Try some cough medicine (preferably lemon flavour) or use a commerical phlegm cure such as Mucinex.
- If all else fails, consult a doctor. As you may be suffering from influenza or bronchitus.
- Try and swallow a bit of pure lemon juice each day.
- Blow your nose often, to get rid of the mucus.
- Do not spit your phlegm into a tissue when you are in an awkward place.
- How to Get Rid of Fruit Flies
- How to Get Rid of Blackheads (Various Methods)
- How to Get Rid of a Sore Throat
- How to Get Rid of Mice Naturally