How to Be Nice
From HowiwBeing nice to people is an important trait for anyone. It improves self-confidence and also makes you more enjoyable to be around. Being nice also can get people to like you and strengthen friendships. It can also get you in great with a girl you like or her friends. Being nice helps in almost every way.
- Give people compliments such as "Looking nice today" or "I like your haircut."
- Courtesy first. Always say please, thank you and you're welcome. You can also address people by sir or ma'am.
- Don't throw insults and don't whine too often.
- If someone insults you, just ignore them. There is a good chance that they did not mean the comment to bother you in the first place.
- Smile at people and look them in the eye. For the most part if you smile at someone they won't do anything but smile back and if they don't then maybe they are just having a bad day. It is up to you to set the mood of the encounter. Make it happy by being the first to smile.
- Don't use coarse language. It's unflattering. It is also a sign that you need to work on your vocabulary. The more vocabulary you have, the less likely you'll swear and you can express your feelings a little bit more clearly. Also, it is a good charisma builder.
- Don't be overly critical. Keep looking for the positive in any given situation.
- Listen when other people are talking to you. It isn't nice to just ignore other peoples' opinions and stories.
- Always treat people with respect. Even if you don't particularly like someone at first, they could end up being a really cool person. Like they say, "Be nice to the nerd at school because one day he'll be your boss."
- Don't be selfish. When you're with others, do things you want to do some of the time, but also do things others want to do.
- Being nice can also give you contacts that might help you out later in times of need or which can make you a lot of money by leading you to better jobs or positions.
- Be sincere when being nice. If you don't, your acquaintance may catch on to your facade and be very angry.
- Imagine yourself in the other person's position. How would you want them to act around you?
- Some people might take you being nice as an offense. That might be a sign that you are overdoing it. Just relax.
- Watch your compliments, some may be taken as offensive, such as "I like your bright neon colored shirt, it really brings out your chipper personality." Some people might think you're insulting their personality.
- Never talk about people behind their back with someone else. They might find out about what you said. Also, if, for example you say "that person is so annoying," to a friend, and then you end up liking them, your friend is going to think you are rather silly!
- While being nice, do not be a total pushover. Compromise is good, but expect to be treated fairly. Don't be afraid to stand up for what is right and do not hesitate to defend someone.
- How to Be Positive
- How to Be Happy
- How to Read Body Language
- How to Make Your Cell Phone Battery Last Longer